Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Chanel Dallas

I know this is kind of late, but I've been so busy lately. But better late than never, right?

The Trends:
loose, low ponytails
Long hemlines
High necklines
Heavy fabrics

So, I wrote a bunch of notes on the show, and it took me much longer than 15 minutes to watch it on YouTube. I had to keep pausing, rewinding, and taking screenshots
I've always been a huge fan of both native and wild west looks, and this had a good mixture of both.
I know a lot of people are saying it was very far from the typical Chanel feel. I don't think so.
It still had a very glamorous, strong, and independent feel, so the basic Chanel principles were still there. I think that its good and healthy for a label to veer of the typical path every so often. I know that when I have my own label, Lord willing, I will showcase many different themes and moods.
While I absolutely loved it, I feel like a lot of it was just a costume show. I would totally wear it if it was the norm, but I don't think people are going to make that there everyday fashion again. But I don't think Karl Lagerfield meant for it to be. If you think about it, a lot of fashion shows are like that. You have to pick and choose which individual pieces you like best.

And how about the makeup? Perfection.

And the little kids were adorable!



Now, for the negative:
I dont have much to say. The one thing I have is just preference, and does not affect the quality of the show at all.
So, I'm not a huge fan of ruffles, but there was enough of other stuff to keep me captivated. That's it.

So overall, I thought it was great. Definitely another great year for Chanel.

3 comments:

  1. Still look gorgeous! And I too am not a fan of ruffles, but maybe it'll change someday lol. :)
    http://www.smizewithstyle.com/2013/12/basic-black-type.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love ruffles if I could pull them off like Blair Waldorf haha x

    Mapped Out | A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a lovely Christmas. I see you like me are a member of the BloggerChallenge2014. I have followed you and can't wait to read your posts.
    http://www.lippylikes.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts, opinions, or questions! Getting comments makes my day!:)