Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Not the Right Color!

Hey guys, just a quick check in today. So, I bought this material from Joann Fabrics on Thanksgiving. It was a super good deal, and I figured if I didn't like it, I could just return it.
The deal is, the material would be to make my prom dress this year. So it had to be perfect.

Buying material on the internet is so iffy. The picture often doesn't represent the actual material correctly, and it can be very frustrating. I knew this going in to it, so even when I received the package in the mail, I tried not to get my hopes up to high. Sure enough, it was much more of a yellow-gold than I thought it would be, and almost had that fake, costume-y feeling. I am looking for a light gold or champagne, so this definitely wasnt a keeper.


So I guess I'll keep looking! The only problem is that Joann Fabrics is the only fabric store around me, and I've already looked in there and haven't found anything I liked. Do you guys have any ideas as to what I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts, opinions, or questions! Getting comments makes my day!:)